Strand Jacks are recognized as the most sophisticated lifting devices currently available. Strand Jack technology offers comprehensive control of a lift including:
- mechanical fail-safe gripping mechanisms,
- redistribution of load between jacks as required,
- extremely precise adjustment allowing for weld gaps,
- fitting and bolt connections,
- mechanically, not hydraulically, the load is held when movement stops,
- load can be held indefinitely at any point in jack stroke,
- can be used in both vertical and horizontal applications.
The fleet of Western’s Strand Jacks are controlled by a computer using the SCC (smart cylinder control) program, allowing parameters such as overload alarm values and synchronization limits. The SCC software is considered the best and most reliable Strand Jack software in the world today, allowing increased versatility, precision and safety.